Children and young people are also important members of the meeting. However, many of them find it difficult to remain in the silence of the meeting for worship for the whole hour. If they attend it is usual for them to stay in the meeting for the first ten or fifteen minutes or to come in towards the end. During their absence they may be discussing Bible stories or Quaker traditions, using crafts, games or other activities to develop their own understanding and insights. The aim of the children’s or young people’s group is to give its members an awareness of being part of the community, a knowledge of its spiritual traditions, and of having a positive role in the larger community around them. Some older children prefer to stay in meeting with the adults and sometimes take part in vocal ministry themselves. At Young Friends’ gatherings there are often experiments with different forms of worship, including certain aspects of programmed worship and music.
- Notes from 2020-09-09 Spiritual Deepening session on Spiritual Path 22/10/2020
- 2020-10-14 Spiritual Deepening Session Notes – on the topic of racism 22/10/2020
- Geneva MM Spiritual Deepening: Universal Basic Income – 5 August 2020 26/08/2020
- Geneva MM Spiritual Deepening: Vocal Ministry 19 August 2020 26/08/2020
- A Testament of Devotion by Thomas R. Kelly 18/08/2020