Friends believe that prayer and the love of God are of primary importance. This erases an artificial division between the secular and the religious, and makes all of life, when lived in the Spirit, sacramental. Friends reject traditional, outward ceremonies and sacraments, sometimes characterised as empty forms, but without rejecting the spiritual reality they symbolise. Baptism, for example, means an inward or spiritual experience, not a ritual act. Communion is also of the Spirit, a conscious openness to, a communication with the Divine. Although Friends may differ in their ways of observing the Sabbath and Christian festivals, these days are not regarded more holy than weekdays.
- QUNO Geneva seeks new director 14/05/2021
- 2021-04-14 Announcement for SD session on Right Ordering 13/04/2021
- 2021-03-03 – GMM Spiritual Deepening session on migrants 22/03/2021
- 2021-03-17 Spiritual Deepening session on Quakerese (“Patois quaker”) 17/03/2021
- 2021-01-20 Spiritual Deepening Session: Loughborough Meeting’s Sustainability Handbook 24/01/2021