Friends believe that prayer and the love of God are of primary importance. This erases an artificial division between the secular and the religious, and makes all of life, when lived in the Spirit, sacramental. Friends reject traditional, outward ceremonies and sacraments, sometimes characterised as empty forms, but without rejecting the spiritual reality they symbolise. Baptism, for example, means an inward or spiritual experience, not a ritual act. Communion is also of the Spirit, a conscious openness to, a communication with the Divine. Although Friends may differ in their ways of observing the Sabbath and Christian festivals, these days are not regarded more holy than weekdays.
- Community in the Time of a Pandemic 08/04/2020
- School Climate Protests 15 March 2019 14/03/2019
- Hate Speech Tracker #EP2019 and #choose respect 28/02/2019
- Half of EU member states have hit or are close to hitting their 2020 renewable energy targets 21/02/2019
- Special Report on Global Warming of 1.5C – Urgent climate action now 06/02/2019