In December 2021 Church and Peace, the European ecumenical peace church network of communities, training centres, peace organisations, and peace service agencies held a discussion on “how to dismantle white privilege.”
As part of this evening, this resource list was compiled by Rev. Jill Marsh.
The report of this discussion entitled “Racism – an Urgent Concern for Peace Churches” is available on the Church and Peace website.
The last slide presented on the evening included these following points on White Privilege:
- Recognize our own prejudice
- Commit to being anti-racist
- Listen, read, watch… other perspectives
- Ask questions about anything you see as being racist
- Challenge injustice
- Open conversations with (other) White people
- Seek reparations
- Check out with friends
- Introduce yourself as a recovering racist
- Use social media